Book Reviews and More

Hi! This blog is for my classes at Texas Woman's University.

Friday, February 6, 2015

And the Winners Are...

Hi everyone!

Have you seen the list of winners yet? There are some selections I really love, some I'm really looking forward to reading, and others I'm not that crazy about. So that's pretty normal for the ALA Youth Media Awards.

I just want to highlight one particular winner: A Boy and the Jaguar by Alan Rabinowitz and illustrated by Cátia Chien, which won the children's book category for the Schneider Family Book Award. The Schneider Family Book Award "honors an author or illustrator for a book that embodies an artistic expression of the disability experience for child and adolescent audiences" (ALA). I loved this book! I couldn't get through it without tearing up. The author tells of his experience with stuttering, how it affected the course of his life, and led to his dream of protecting animals.

I've also had the middle school category winner, Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin, on my To Be Read pile for quite a while. So I'm excited to move it up to the top of the pile.

Here's a link to the list of all the awards: http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2015/02/american-library-association-announces-2015-youth-media-award-winners


Congratulations to all the winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment