Book Reviews and More

Hi! This blog is for my classes at Texas Woman's University.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Reading Year in Review

Hello everyone!

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to everyone. I hope that you are excited about the upcoming New Year. I have been looking forward to this post for quite a while - a chance to total up all of the reading I did in 2014. I tried to remember to post all of my books, although I may have missed a few, I think it's a pretty good list of the books I've read this year.

Drumroll please...

245 books read this year!

I'm feeling pretty good about that number. A lot of different types of books and genres including: 128 picture books, 97 chapter books (easy readers, elementary, middle grade, and young adult), and 21 grown-up books. Also, of the 245 books, 27 were audiobooks. I love audiobooks for squeezing in reading time!

I've never kept track of the books I've read before, and I have to say I love it. I can look back at the list and think about different times of the year and what was going on in our lives. It helps my rusty memory! I'm already looking forward to starting next year's list tomorrow.

Happy reading everyone and Happy New Year's! Looking forward to lots of literary moments in 2015! Also thanks so much for reading my blog this year - I really appreciate it.




No comments:

Post a Comment